So I was on Pinterest today, looking for interesting ways to celebrate my friend’s baby-on-the-way, and somehow I ended up in Pinterest’s land of book-related pins. My identity as a bibliophile (defined as: “a person who collects or has a great love of books”) is beyond questionable; now it’s just a fact!
When you can be totally focused on one other thing, and still find yourself edging over into bookish daydreaming and internet wanderings, you know you’re sunk. Yup. Just no chance of getting out of your book-fandom. Ever.
I was researching baby shower themes, took a detour over into vintage baby shower themes, and ended up pinning a whole collection of vintage book-themed baby shower ideas! There’s no saving me from bibliophilia now 😉
If you’d like to know if you’re in the same boat as me–you know, the one riding low in the water because it’s so full of books it’s about to go under–here are some signs you may be beyond addicted to books, too:
1. Books come up in your conversations at least once a day.
2. Your TBR (to be read) stack is actually more like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but bigger.
3. Book art gives you heart palpitations and flutters (thump thump, thump thump, thump thump!) but simultaneously horrifies you that someone could do such awful things to a book.
4. Your idea of a fantastic Friday night involves books, a comfy chair, and a lamp to read by.
5. Sacrificing sleep isn’t really a sacrifice if it means you get to finish just one more chapter…or entire book.
6. Books, or book-themed, gifts, are your favorite ones.
7. The perfect date would be a trip to an old bookstore or book resale shop, estate sale or flea market with lots of books to pore over, library book sale, etc., with a guy who enjoys reading as much as you do or at least indulges your passion for books.
8. You read while you exercise on a treadmill or stationary bike.
9. You’re torn between your loyalty to real, paper-and-ink books, and the e-reader that just holds so many books!
10. Little Free Libraries are just about the cutest thing you’ve ever seen.
11. You browse the internet for blogs, Buzzfeed lists, news articles, and other interesting tidbits about books or authors you like.
12. You don’t understand people who say they don’t like to read. “…Are you even human!?”
13. You undergo a heartfelt struggle when one of your favorite books is turned into a movie.
14. Book giveaways are pretty much the greatest invention you’ve ever heard of. Except the invention of books, of course.
15. Your vocabulary challenges that of Merriam-Webster from all the reading you do. And despite the naysayers, reading the dictionary for fun isn’t weird at all.
16. You like books that make you go look up a term in the dictionary. That pull you in to such an extent that you’re exhausted when you finally leave that world.
17. Games based on your favorite books interest you, but you have to force yourself not to insist everyone play the game so that the conclusion aligns with the book.
18. Trips to the library end up with you staggering out the door with a stack of books in your arms as high as your nose.