WordPress has, amongst its innumerable tips, tricks, and other helpful features, an article on improving your blog with 8 basic steps. Its purpose is assisting bloggers achieve “Freshly Pressed” status, but the tips are general enough to apply to simply producing a better blog.
I’ve seen these points elsewhere, so they’re not unique to WordPress.com, but since that’s where I’m quoting from, let’s go ahead and give them the credit today:
- “Write unique content that’s free of bad stuff.”
- “Have a point of view.”
- “Don’t be afraid of your voice.”
- “Paint us a picture.”
- “Make it easy on the eyes.”
- “Add relevant tags.”
- Write a headline we can’t ignore.”
- “Aim for typo-free content.”
Any other blogging tips? Post yours in the comments to share with the rest of us!